Frequently Asked Questions
1) How can I access Tracet?
Tracet is a web application which can be accessed over Intranet (LAN) or using Internet (Public/Private Network)
2) How is Tracet installed?
There are 2 options to install Tracet:
Option 1: On-Premise
Tracet can be installed on-premise, i.e. in a standard machine (PC) or in a server, depending on the data load and number of users accessing Tracet at any given point of time.
Option 2: Cloud Hosting
Tracet can be also hosted in a public/private cloud server.
3) What are the necessary technology infrastructures for using Tracet?
Minimum Software Requirement:
- Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 onwards)
- IIS (Internal Information Services) (IIS 7 onwards)
- .net Framework 4.5 (included in Tracet application file and will be automatically installed while installing Tracet)
- SQL Server Express 2008 (included in Tracet application file and will be automatically installed while installing Tracet)
- Any functional web-browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.)
Minimum Hardware Requirement:
- RAM of 2GB
- Hard Disk space of 80GB
4) What is the technology stack of Tracet?
Following are the technologies used in Tracet:
- .net Framework 4.5
- ASP.net MVC
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- N-tier architecture
- Multi-tenant support
5) What does Tracet do?
Tracet is advance fixed asset management software which can be used to replace MS-Excel spreadsheets or physical registers for tracking fixed assets in an organization. Tracet can not only track and manage fixed assets across multiple companies (entities), locations, departments, etc. but the software is completely capable of computing depreciation using multiple books and performing physical verification (auditing) of fixed assets easily.
6) What are the steps to login to Tracet?
You can follow the steps given below to setup your account for the first time and start using Tracet:
- Install Tracet application in your local system (PC) or in a specific server
- Once installation is completed, a license request form will automatically appear in the default web browser of the system
- Fill in the license request form and submit the form
- Upon receiving the license request from you, Tracet team will review the request and generate a license key which is sent to your registered email ID
- Enter the license key information in the product activation page
- Upon license validation, Tracet is activated and ready to use
- Create the Organization and Administrative User account details
- Log in to Tracet by first selecting the company (entity) and then entering your user name and password
7) What are the guidelines for selecting a Password?
- The Password should be at least eight characters long.
- The password should not contain User Name, first name, last name or company name
- The Password should not be the same as the last three used passwords
- The Password should contain three of the following combinations:
- Small letters
- Capital letters
- Special characters
8) What should I do if I’ve forgotten my User Name?
You may either contact your system admin or please contact us at 18602580922 between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday or email us at email@example.com or alternatively, you can chat with us from the chat window
9) What should I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
Please follow the steps:
- On the log in page click ‘Forgot Password.’
- You will be asked to select Company Name and enter User name and Submit.
- A new password will be sent to your registered email id
- We recommend you to reset the password per your choice
10) How do I reset my existing password?
Please follow the steps:
- Go to “My Profile” menu in your Home page.
- Select “Change Password”
- Enter the required mandatory details and click “Submit”
11) Whom should I contact in case I have queries / difficulties?
The Tracet Customer Support team will be happy to help resolve all your doubts and queries. Please feel free to contact us at 18602580922 between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can chat with us from the chat window.
12) Do I need any training to access and use Tracet?
As such, no training is required to access and use Tracet as the product is developed as an extremely user friendly application
In case you require any assistance, please feel free to contact your Sales Partner or call 18602580922 or email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively you can chat with us via our chat window and also visit www.tracet.in for demo videos, webinars etc.
13) What is live chat support?
We won’t keep you waiting when you need our help. While using Tracet, if at any moment you face any issue, immediately click on “Chat Now” window and you will be able to chat with us directly. You can also attach screen shots capturing the issue and “Email Us”.
14) How can I track assets using Tracet?
You can track assets by Asset Category, Departments, Cost Centers (Projects), Locations, Vendors and Asset Users.
15) What are the different compliances for depreciation available in Tracet?
Depreciation can be computed based on Income Tax Act and New Companies 2013 Act in Tracet.
16) What are the different methods of depreciation available in Tracet?
WDV (Written Down Value) and SLM (Straight Line Method) – these are the two different methods of depreciation available in Tracet.
17) Can I generate Fixed Assets Register and Fixed Assets Schedule as per New Companies Act 2013?
Yes you can generate Fixed Assets Register and Fixed Assets Schedule as per New Companies Act 2013.
18) Are there any options available in Tracet for restricting an activity?
Yes. Approval Mechanism is an integral part of Tracet functionality. Users can configure maker-checker policies for any important transactions in Tracet such as Acquisition, Retire, Sale, Transfer, Update and Delete.
19) How do I track different actions performed on a particular asset?
You can track different actions already performed on a particular asset using the Asset History functionality in Tracet. This functionality provides insights on:
- What actions were performed
- Date and Time of the action
- Who performed the action
20) What are the different options for tagging an asset using Tracet?
With Tracet, you can generate barcodes using the software generated Asset Code or the internal asset code already maintained by the user. These barcodes can be printed and tagged to corresponding assets.
21) Can I use Tracet for managing Capital Work in Progress (CWIP) assets?
Yes. With Tracet, you can opt for whether an asset should be applicable for depreciation or not. For CWIP assets, you can initially opt for depreciation not applicable, and using the Cost break up option in Tracet, you can record the cost incurred on the asset till the asset is capitalized or the asset is ready for put to use. Once the asset is put to use, you can opt to change from depreciation not applicable to depreciation applicable.
22) How can I set permissions for a user?
The access rights are controllable. While setting up Tracet, the Root Admin (Power Admin/ Super Admin) will have the option to activate/ allow specific functionalities to the other users.
23) Does Tracet support periodical depreciation?
Yes. Using Tracet you can compute depreciation periodically and generate monthly, quarterly or annual reports and also compute depreciation between any two dates and generate corresponding reports.
24) Can I capture additional information related to assets apart from the fields already provided in Tracet?
Yes. User Attributes is a feature in Tracet. Using this feature, you can add up to 12 additional information per asset.
25) How do I import assets?
With the Import Utility feature in Tracet, you can import your asset data into Tracet using MS-Excel template(s).
26) How do I export asset data?
With the Export Utility feature in Tracet, you can export required asset data from Tracet. You would have the option to choose required columns and accordingly corresponding data will be exported.
27) How to do an audit using Tracet?
Physical verification or asset auditing is an inbuilt feature of Tracet. In Tracet auditing can be performed either by using USB barcode scanners or memory scanners or Excel files. After audit is done, user can check the audit reports to verify
- How many assets were found?
- How many assets were not found?
- How many assets were misplaced?
For misplaced assets, user will have an option to reconcile these assets.
28) How can I create custom views for the reports which can be generated using Tracet?
There are options to apply multiple filters during the process of generating any report using Tracet. This is how you can define the required views while generating a report.
29) Can I export reports?
Yes. Any report can be exported to PDF, MS-Word or MS-Excel files.
30) How do I add my company name to the reports?
The company name will appear on top of each report by default.
31) Does Tracet work on a Mac?
Tracet can be accessed over any browser on a Mac but the software cannot be installed in a Mac system. Similarly, Tracet be can be accessed on any Linux based system or any mobile devices but cannot be installed in such systems. Tracet can be installed only in Windows systems.
32) How can I backup the Tracet database?
Tracet has default backup utility, which will automatically run in the background. User can set the frequency of the backup like daily, weekly or monthly.
33) How can I upgrade to a higher version of Tracet?
In Tracet, user can upgrade to a new version by requesting a new license key with the required number of companies, assets, users, locations and branches.
34) How long is the Tracet license valid?
Lifetime. The Tracet license never expires.
35) How can I depreciate only a portion of an asset?
With the Asset Split feature in Tracet, you can split an asset into multiple assets with the desired cost for each such portion. Each portion will be treated as a new asset and depreciation will be computed accordingly. You can select whether depreciation should be applicable for such portions or not.
36) How can I search or find asset in Tracet?
You can search any asset either by using Basic search or Advance search in Tracet.
37) Can I manage different service contracts of assets using Tracet?
Yes. With Tracet you can manage Insurance, Warranty and AMC of any asset and can configure notifications to get alerts for expiry of insurance, warranty or maintenance.
38) Can I change asset useful life, salvage value or cost of an asset in Tracet?
Yes. You can make such change using the “Change in Estimates” feature in Tracet.
39) What are the different options for retiring an asset?
In Tracet any asset can be retired by marking it as either as Sold, Disposed or Theft. The depreciation of these retired assets will be computed till date of retire.
40) Can I integrate Tracet with other external systems?
Yes. Tracet can be integrated with any external systems such as AP/PO/GL systems or ERPs. The required APIs should be available at the time of integration.